background


Contributors

Monday, July 7, 2008

Pondering in the wake of a lightening storm

So, I just felt like posting something today, because the past few days have been kinda fun. Last night me and Brett were able to go to the park for dinner (even though it was kinda cloudy and had rained earlier). We were able to try out my amazing new Alfredo recipie (thanks Missy!) which was quite delicious if I do say so myself, and then we layed on the grass and watched the clouds go by. I must say that life does not leave much time to do such fun and simple things anymore. It's kind of sad when you think of what we are all missing because of our busy schedules. We are going to have to MAKE more time in the future to keep going to the park, because every time we have lately, I've loved it. Maybe next time we will actually get to just read our books together and chill out. As we were driving back to my house as the sun was setting and nightfall was approaching, I kept seeing the coolest lighning at the south side of town and kind of over Leigh (Lay) (Lei) Hill. I made Brett pull over in SUU's stadium parking lot so we could just sit and watch it for awhile. It was so awesome! We were able to just kick back and reflect on what life is going to be like after we are married. For those of you who aren't in the loop, we are getting married next Spring. I think we are pretty much settling with May 15, and I'm so freakin excited. Whenever people find out that we are engaged, the first thing they ask is "When's the big day?", and then they proceed to tell me how ridiculous it is that I'm waiting a year. "How are you gonna be able to wait that long?" "Oh, no! You might mess up" or just "What in the world are you thinking??". It has been one of my biggest pet peeves, because I don't think it is anybody's freaking business but mine. People should just save their freakin judgements for themselves. I think people who have dated for a month, engaged for three, and then rush into marriage are retarded, so PAH! There's to you! No, but really, I am excited that even though 10 months is still pretty far in the future, we are starting to figure things out now. I kept bugging Brett all night to help me figure out what we are going to wear in our engagement pictures. I think we chose a photographer, which means we will be doing our engagements pretty freakin soon! I'm so excited. For over the last year I have collected ideas and changed my mind about so many little details, that I can't wait to LITERALLY plan this freakin thing. It makes me all giddy inside, and hopefully I can hold onto that and not let the stress monster out. Anywho, I guess I'll keep you posted as things keep unfolding down here in Festival City, USA.Here is a crazy picture I got of the sprinklers on SUU's lawn as I was trying to take a sweet picture of the moon that night....

No comments: