background


Contributors

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fun times in St. Jizzle

Last week me and Brett went to St. George for a dentist appointment, and beforehand we thought we would go explore some more in the caves (since Brett wasn't able to come with me and my friends last time). We went into the same cave that I had already been in, so we were done with that pretty quick. It was the world's hottest day that day, so we just snapped some more awesome pictures of the red rock before we split. We ended up going to the St. George pool for like an hour to cool off in the water and to kill time before I had to get my root canal. We need to do that more often! I hope some day we are rich enough to have a pool in our backyard down there... Ha! Ya right.

I love how you can have the black lava rocks everywhere, and then you turn around and it's nothing but these big beautiful red mountains! It's amazing.

Last summer we wanted to go to Tuacahn, but never really made it down there. We decided that since we are moving, it's now or never! In high school, I was in the Sound of Music, and both of us and our families loved the movie growing up, so it worked out perfectly that they are showing it this summer down there. Since we were already clear out at Snow Canyon, we decided to go buy our tickets. This rock formation on that drive reminded us of the Fiery Furnace at Arches.


The light was a little better that day than when I had been with my friends before, so we got a few really good pictures which captured the bright red-ness of it all.

Here are some of Brett making the crazy climb out of the cave. He hates it when I get these fun pictures of him.... Muahahahhaha!


Since Dixie is partnering up with the U of U (don't even ask me how I feel about that unless you want an hour long rant about it....), I decided I better get a picture of the stadium before they erase years of memories for the Rebels. This stadium sure held some fine times with my and my friends, and even if they freakin change everything about it, I will be one "Rebel" who will always remember the good ole days!


After getting my awesome root canal, we took one of my best friends of all time out to dinner for his birthday. While the food is pretty fantastic, the service sucked at Texas Roadhouse once again, but we tried to make the best of it. In honor of the new Batman coming out soon, we decided to watch the first one (since I have yet to see it all the way through) after dinner at Brent's house. After that was all said and done, we were pooped, so went straight home! But not before getting this awesome picture of the moon and the temple. Brent lives just down the street from it, so walking to our car, this caught our eye. Or, eyes, I guess.... :-)


No comments: