background


Contributors

Saturday, June 21, 2008

It all started with a rock show and a pile of leaves...



October 25, 2006 was the fateful evening... In reality, me and Brett met a few days earlier when I drove from St. George (where I was living at the time) to Cedar City to hang out with my best friend and old roomate Lettie. She and I had plans to go to dinner then go visit some of her guy friends from Milford at their apartment. I had already met Travis (and Nick, I think), but Lettie had told me about Brett a little, and come to find out, her and Travis had a little plot to give both me and Brett a little nudge toward each other the whole time. Mary (Travis's girlfriend and Lettie's best friend) had planned a big birthday surprise for Trav in Vegas. Mary bought the whole group of friends tickets to a Hinder show, and coordinated it with everyone. Lettie had told me about it a few times, but I was never "officially" invited. Then, one of the friends backed out and couldn't go, so I was informed I was going in their spot. It was from then on that Lettie preceded to tell me all about Brett (because he would be going with us) and she somewhat sneakily set us up. So, it was this warm October night (forgive the Yellowcard reference) before the show that I got to meet this crazy, shy, long haired, silly guy that I ended up falling in love with. Another night before the actual concert, I drove to Cedar again, this time to go with Travis, Mary, Lettie and Brett bowling and for a cruise to get some Fruizzles. It was a fun night, full of randomness and butterflies and total flirting. So when the acutal concert date came around, the sparks were already flying, and me and Brett hit it off even more! We had our first kiss, and the next day we exchanged phone numbers and I got a root canal. Well, the root canal part wasn't so important, although I might mention that as I was starting to get high on the laughing gas and pass out cuz we pretty much stayed up ALL night long, I was thinking about nothing but Brett, and I thought, man I love this guy. (Which was pretty crazy, because I didn't even know him that well.) So... there you have it! Ever since that day we have been coming up with crazy things to keep ourselves occupied. I drove to Cedar all the time to hang out with Brett and got sick of it, so I moved here. I hate this heaven forsaken town, so he really better be worth it. :-) We have been together nearly every waking moment since then, and now we are getting ready to move up north for school (YAY!!!) and trying to make something out of our (too short) summer. Oh, P.S. Brett proposed this last Christmas, so we're engaged! Woo Hoo! Just thought I would throw that in.

No comments: