background


Contributors

Friday, January 16, 2009

What the random?

Oh the joy of a cancelled class. Because my mind is so busy stressing about work tonight, I don't feel like doing homework (which is what I SHOULD be doing), so I'm going to do this survey that was emailed to me awhile back. Woo-hoo!

Place a check next to all the things you have done:

( x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Watched someone die
( ) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
(x) Been to Europe
( ) Been to South America
( ) Been to Central America
( ) Been to Asia
(x) Been on a plane
( ) Been on a Cruise

( ) Visited All 50 States
(X) Been lost
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country
( ) Gone to Washington , DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
( ) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x) Made a prank phone call...
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose.
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(x) Gone to the movies

1. Any nickname? Sav, Savy G, Savy, Sambanna
2. Mother's name? Barbara
3. Favorite drink? Dr. Pepper... it makes the world taste betta, yeah!
4. Body Piercing? Just my ears
5. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love your job? 9.5-- I don't like the stress and some days it's hard as heck, but overall, I think it's amazing. In fact, that makes me think of an amazing quote which I feel the need to add here:

"Somestimes when people ask us, 'How can you do this work?' we think, 'How could we not?' How could we have the ability to contribute to a journey of hope and healing and not use it? There is no other work that we would find this meaningful, challenging, and rewarding. What other work would allow us to engage fully--our minds, our hearts, our spirits? How could we choose not to do something that demands our creativity, all of our intellectual capacity, all of our feelings, our whole humanity?"

Amazing one, huh? That's how I feel about my job.

6. Birthplace? Orem, UT
7. Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere with a freaking beach!
8. Favorite movie? All time fave would probably have to be Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
9. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
10. Favorite dessert? Cheesecake
11. Favorite food? Chinese!
12. Favorite day of the week? Ones with no school.
13. Favorite brand of body soap? The cheap kind that smells good.
14. Favorite toothpaste? Crest Whitening Expressions in Vanilla Mint. Mmm, mmm.
15. Favorite smell? The subtle smell of the people I love.
16. How do you relax? Listen to music, kiss my lover, do nothing.
17. How do you see yourself in 10 years? As a therapist, a wife, probably a mother.
18. Furthest place you will send this message to? Hmm... cyberspace.... ? haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Savannah I miss you!
I love that quote too. How nice it is that you actually "like" your job! I'm so happy for you that you are doing what you love. The wedding is coming closer.. how is all the planning? I hope you are doing great! I miss ya!