background


Contributors

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The long anticipated Update

Ok, so now that I have a few minutes to spare, I am going to try and update what I can. Me and Brett always have so much going on, so things just pile up and I hate just spitting them out like a laundry list, but it seems that that is the most effective way to do it! So here is what we have been up to from the most recent:

We got in a horrible freakin car accident (which I already wrote about). I have been patiently awaiting the insurance's decision on whether or not to call the car a total loss (although it seemed pretty obvious that it was). They finally let me know it was "totalled" and gave me less than 3 days to find another mode of transportation because I was told I would need to return my lovely Dodge Magnum rental. The newest edition to this story involves a trip to the car rental company where no one was there and Savannah now gets to pay close to 100 dollars to keep the car for extra days even though she did everything on her part to return the dang thing on time! Isn't that the freakin story of my life? Anyway, I am very anxious to find a new (well used), reliable, cheap car that will get good gas mileage and drive well in the snow. If you know of any, let me know, because I have a feeling I'm going to get desperate pretty soon.

Another big, and more exciting event in our lives recently was Brett's 21rst birthday! Unfortunately we weren't able to go all out and road trip to Vegas like we did for my big day, but we still had some fun! Brett was a little bummed because we had to take our Sociology Final on his big day (what a great present, huh?) but we still tried to make the day fun. We went out to eat at Tucanos (the best Brazilian grill around!) and later went to see a movie together. My birthday present to Brett was surprising him with a visit from his brother and tickets to both of them to go see a concert with one of his favorite bands! Here is a picture of him with the lead singer.


Ok, so I guess other than those two things, we haven't had anything major happen that I have photo documentation of. However, I do have a few fun pictures I thought I would share.




My little sister took these pictures for us at a park up in Draper near where I work. (Pretty good for a 9 year old, huh? )I had taken the kids from my work there on an activity, and it was so beautiful that I wanted to get a few pictures of me and Brett up there. The playground there is so freakin awesome. They have thesee little spinny things you can sit and spin on and we spent a lot of time getting ridiculously dizzy. It was awesome!
Is Brett smarter than a 5th grader??
One day at school we saw this booth mimic-ing the popular tv show, and since they were still recruiting contestants, Brett joined in! His "college" team beat the 5th graders! Woo-hoo! I thought the whole thing was way too funny to not snap a poloroid!

Well, that is mostly all that has been happening with us! Luckily now we both have a fair amount of free time because of our lack of school for a few weeks (YAY!!) so we are catching up on time together and with our families for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

No comments: