background


Contributors

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bliss, huh?

I recently was perusing an old high school friend's facebook page which boldly emphasized her numerous days of bliss since her recent marriage to her "superfantastic" husband. I hate to single her out because I have seen many since pages with similar notes (some much after the wedding day), but it really got me thinking... I was recently married and the stereotype clearly states there should be "wedded bliss," but I'm just not feeling it. Me and Brett have been married for almost three months and I would describe the major feeling in my life to be something more along the lines of "wedded stress" or maybe "post-marriage anxiety." I have experienced multiple bounced checks, job loss, late payments, major disappointments due to lack of funding for school, decrease in job satisfaction and the loss of a loved one, but no where in my summer so far have I experienced "bliss." Maybe I'm doing things wrong. Maybe it's just the cynic in me saying that these "blissful" people are only as happy as they are pretending... But my life feels empty and weak, a far cry from satisfying, and a long shot away from bliss. I would like to think I'm just being a realist, but I'm probably just ranting. Anyways. Thanks for listening.

No comments: