background


Contributors

Friday, August 22, 2008

After the Big Move

So, we are finally starting to get settled into things up here in Utah County! Woo-hoo is it good to be home! (For me, at least.) I hate all the unnecessary traffic, and the fact that any store (WALMART!) is highly congested at any hour of any given day. So ANNOYING! But I guess those are things I can live with. So, to update you on our goings on for the past couple weeks, they are as follows:

--Brett got a job at the Home Depot in American Fork. It's nice because he is close to my parent's house, so I can come visit him on his lunch break, but it's a bummer because it's so far from school, and he was demoted from head cashier to regular cashier/lot attendant. I guess he still makes the same amount, but it would have been nice if he could be FULL time, so we could get at least some of his tuition and books paid for by their tuition reimbursement plan. He has already started working, and he says he likes it ok so far. Hopefully he can get to know more people so work will go by faster for him.

--I got a job at a place called Youthcare up in Draper! Finally! I will be starting orientation next week, which I am stoked about! I will be working with troubled teens basically, which is a great way to get a foot in the door with the counseling career I have chosen. The pay and benefits are GREAT, and the people I've met so far, have seemed awesome! The only drawback is, I will be missing most of the my first two days of school for orientation, and I won't have a set schedule for awhile because I will be on-call. But I think I can live with that for now. It helps that I don't have to worry about a rent payment anymore!! (I'm mooching off the parents....haha).

--We still haven't found Brett a permanent place to live yet, which is the biggest thing on our minds right now. The "perfect apartment" just doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight! That may have changed as of 10 minutes ago, though. I just called on a really nice place that sounds perfect, and we are going to see it tommorow! Wish us luck!

--School starts for us both this next Wednesday, and we are very excited! I didn't really think I was looking forward to it (I'm so burned out with all my previously gained knowledge!!), but I think I really am. It will be fun to have a change of scenery. We even have the same schedule 3 days a week so we can have lunch together and we are even in one of the same classes! Wow! Haha. That might be interesting. We are going to ride the bus to school on Monday to pick up all our books and map out our classes. It's definitely going to be a big change for Brett, but hopefully he will catch onto things quickly.

Ok, so those are the major things that have been going on in our lives up here so far. Some other fun things we have done since being up here are:

--Watched all of the gymnastic events of the Olympics (Go Nastia and Shawn!)

--Went to Lagoon and had a blast all day with Emily and Skyler.

--I surprised Brett with a romantic and fun picnic basket dinner at La Caille up in Salt Lake.

--Tonight we are going camping with Sarah, (and hopefully Dave) Natalie, and Antonio and I'm sure we will have a great time up in Provo Canyon!

Well, that's about it. I will post some picture of our visits to La Caille, Lagoon and Provo Canyon later on when I have more time!

No comments: